Skip to main content

Amanda Seyfried: Hot Young Starlet Burning Out Too Fast?


Went to see the film "Chloe" last night, and while it certainly had it's problems, I can appreciate that it was an interesting twist on the whole "Fatal Attraction" vibe and had some good moments, for a quick rating I would have to say 2.5 stars out of 5...It's a renter.

However, in perhaps her first "serious" role the title role of this film went to upcoming starlet Amanda Seyfried of "Mamma Mia" & "Big Love" fame.

I can see why she is becoming popular, a beautiful 25 year old that people want to put on there movie posters in order to sell whatever they need too, however we have one small problem.

SHE CANNOT ACT

Now granted this skill may be developed overtime, the perfect example of this would Scarlett Johannson, who by no means is the female second coming of Laurence Oliver, but has developed some skills. Ms. Seyfried playing a sociopathic high end prostitute was completely out of her realm...and it showed

I implore that producers, please put her in roles where she can show strenghts and develop into the kind of actress that can take some risks with a role like this.

You've got to walk before you can run Ms. Seyfried, time to slow down before your budding film career turns into a supporting role on a CBS primetime drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Death Of Jack Bauer

This week we learned that the current season of the hit Fox show "24" will be it's last. Citing productions costs and the desire the end on their own terms Season 8 will be its last. As we started this year with Jack in NYC recovering from his near fatal illness of last season, Jack was looking to have a normal life and being (believe it or not) a grandfather, but like on all previous seasons, somehow the shit hits the fan, and Jack is back in the saddle. Without giving away any spoilers, many fans and pundits have deem that this season has officially jumped the shark tank and is more ridiculous then ever! I say chill people, this is FICTION, its supposed to be ridiculous, that is what has kept us glued all these years...but what of the man, what will become of Jack Bauer. Hollywood usually demands a happy ending, and with an impending film upcoming, this will more then likely happen, but with all the personal and physical torture that he has endured over the previous 7...

Time To Rant About The Best Show You're Not Watching...

Yes, this is me Dave Voigt updating my long neglected blog. I am trying to get over the mental block that every blog post needs to be an epic and insightful and just get out of my own head and rant. Writing on Examiner.com doesn’t always allow for that, and as I sit here watching episodes of my favorite television show on Netflix for the umpteenth time it dawns on me. Just because I’m watching it, doesn’t necessarily mean you are. It’s time to enroll at Greendale for the antics of the gang at Community. Community centers on Jeff Winger (Joel McHale), a disbarred lawyer going to school for the first time after his bachelor's degree is revealed as fabricated. The series focuses on the experiences of Jeff and the study group he accidentally forms while pursuing Britta Perry (Gillian Jacobs), a student trying to get her life back on track. The other members of Jeff's study group include Pierce Hawthorne (Chevy Chase), a millionaire on a late in life voyage of self discovery; An...

How "High-Definition" and "Netflix" beat me into submission...

For years I worked in the video postproduction/DVD industry, so I’ve probably forgotten more about video compression/broadcast video and the technical specs of DVD/Blu-Ray and streaming video then most people in the general public know or are even aware of. Blu-Ray came out, and yes I fully admit it was better, but the price to quality upgrade ratio was unimpressive, DVD to Blu-Ray WAS NOT VHS to DVD. As people were screaming from the mountain top, to ditch their DVD’s and upgrade, I stood pat. High-Definition Television and Televisions began to proliferate more and more into the market and people would scream from the mountain tops to replace everything but I stood pat. Downloads and streaming became popular, “The Disc business is dead!” everyone said, but I stood pat all the while knowing I would eventually have to make the switch. This February I got a letter from Bell Canada (My Internet and TV provider), that my current service was being discontinued as the technology was obsol...